How can I access Services?
If you are a Family or Guardian of a child age 0-5:
- And the child exhibits challenging behaviors, you can call our program to share your concerns and schedule an appointment.
If you are a Professional or Family member:
- Call the CDBC for a phone consultation.
- If eligible, a referral form will be completed over the phone and sent to you by mail or email.
- Discuss the details and benefits of being referred to the CDBC Program with the family and obtain a signature of consent.
- Return the completed consent form to the CDBC office.
- Let the family know that the CDBC Specialist will contact them.
Referrals can only be accepted after a phone consultation has been completed
- Phone consults on behavioral concerns.
- Home based screenings, assessment and intervention services.
- Behavioral education workshops offered throughout Yuba County for parents/guardians care providers and other adults living or working with Yuba County children age 0-5.
- In home Newborn Behavioral Observations for babies age 0-4 months
- Social Emotional and Developmental Education and observations for parents of children age 0-2 and 3-5.
What can I expect?
The Child Development Behavioral Specialist will team with you to:
- Provide parenting information, coaching and modeling using strategies that are specifically tailored to support your child.
- Offer fun age appropriate activities that are specially selected to build on your child’s strengths and increase positive behaviors.
- Provide you with information about other community resources and assist you in accessing them.