Staff Network & Computer Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
The YCOE County Office System (COS) includes all desktop, laptop and handheld devices, wired and wireless networks, network switches, WiFi access points, servers, printers, and all other technology related devices owned by the Yuba County Office of Education.
- County Office System (COS) is for curricular and school use. Commercial use is prohibited. Personal use should be limited
- Use of the COS which violates any aspect of the YCOE’s Superintendent Policies, and any Federal, State or Local laws or regulations is strictly prohibited
- No personal computer may be attached via a wired network cable to the COS
- Personal devices with wireless capability may access the Internet through YCOE’s wireless network for professional purposes only. This can be accomplished by the staff members Supervisor entering in a Tech Ticket requesting access to the YCOE’s wireless Guest ID. This will allow Internet access but will prevent network access
- Personal devices for professional staff will include laptops, tablets or other approved interactive technologies. Personal smart phones are not included. Any personal smart phones found logged onto the wireless network will be banned and the staff member’s Supervisor contacted
- Staff may connect a USB flash drive or other removable storage devices to YCOE computers to transfer assignments or school related data to YCOE computers only when approved by their Supervisor. These data files will be scanned by the YCOE’s antivirus software. Any files found containing a virus will be reported automatically to the Technology Team
- No software may be downloaded or installed anywhere on the COS without first having been reviewed by the Technology Team or authorized via the software purchase process. This includes but is not limited to software packages, programs, plug-ins, updates, toolbars, applets, drivers, etc. The only exception will be Chrome Extensions
- Do not alter or change the settings or system configurations of the COS hardware or software in any way. Exceptions to this may include User Accessibility Settings and default printer designation. Do not remove/move, unplug, alter or add any equipment to any network wall plugs without consulting with the Technology Team first
- Do not intentionally bypass the security of the COS for viewing inappropriate Internet sites. Any attempts to do so will be logged and the staff supervisor contacted
- Do not attempt to gain access to restricted areas of the COS network
- Do not disclose your or any other staff member’s password to others or using others’ passwords. Do not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any level of the COS by attempting to log in through another person’s account, or use computer accounts, access codes or network identification other than those assigned to the user
- YCOE Data should be stored on the COS Organization Network Drive (Orgdocs), One Drive, or Google Drive ONLY. YCOE data that is saved to the staff’s desktop, or a computer’s hard drive is never backed up. Staff not following this policy will accept full responsibility and liability for any YCOE data lost. Technology Services will not be responsible for attempting to retrieve any data saved in this manner
- Do not store personal data or pictures on any COS Organization Network Drive (Orgdocs), OneDrive, Google Drive or any other network based data storage. Any data or pictures of a personal nature will be deleted automatically
In the course of repairs, COS computers may be re-imaged at any time. Technology Services is not responsible for the backup of any personal data stored locally on the computer
- Do not create or willfully disseminate computer viruses. Staff should be sensitive to the ease of spreading viruses and should take steps to ensure that any files transferred to the COS data network are virus free
- Do not violate licensing agreements, including the downloading or exchanging of pirated software or copying software to or from any part of the COS
- Email and data stored on the COS is not private and may be viewed or traced by authorized personnel at any time
YCOE staff must understand that if they violate these rules, their computer privileges may be suspended. Any violations of these guidelines will result in a referral to YCOE Cabinet for further disciplinary action.
Given the rapid change in technological advances, the policies laid out in this document may require changes. By signing this AUP, staff member agrees to abide by all rules and policies both at the time of signing and any future modifications. Modifications will be sent to all staff upon revision and acceptance.