Degrees and Certifications:
My name is Tamara Graham, but I go by Tammy.
I’ve been teaching over 35 years, so I’ve gotten into a few things over that time span. In no particular order, here’s the list on me:
- Been at Charter since 2004
- Chocoholic (all bribes gladly accepted, with no results however)
- Been married over 30 years
- Have two awesome kids
- Have two dogs and a cat and they’ve all visited the Vet Tech program here at Charter
- Community volunteer - Boy Scouts of America leader, Special Olympics coach, high school sports coach
- CSU Chico graduate
- From a teaching family
- Lover of good books - I read every day!
- Short and sassy (mostly sass)
- Grew up hunting, fishing, and camping
- Outdoorsy nerd
- Really enjoy art and crafts
I’ve always loved school and learning, could be that teaching family background. I decided I wanted to teach way back in fourth grade! I enjoy helping students get the hang of reading and writing. I really feel that once you get the basics of reading and writing you can do anything. All the information in the world is just sitting there waiting for you to be able to access it - which is where the reading and writing come in. I feel privileged to be able to work in my dream job.
Anyway, welcome to the new school year. I’m glad to be here with the Bear family. If you have any questions or concerns about your student, please feel free to contact me.