Community Advisory Committee
Our Community Advisory Committee (CAC) is a team of parents and individuals with a personal or professional interest in securing appropriate services for students with special needs. The CAC membership represents the geographic, ethnic, and socioeconomic makeup of the community it serves.
Our CAC focus is involving interested parents, students, teachers, education specialists and consultants in establishing a networking system between the school and the community.
Encourage parents to actively participate in becoming knowledgeable, empowered, and effective partners in the development and implementation of learning experiences for students with exceptional needs.
The CAC works to:
- Provide a support group for parents and students
- Provide an opportunity to talk with professionals who work with children with special needs
- Increase awareness of available service options
- Increase awareness of the importance of regular school attendance
- Encourage community involvement in the development and review of the local plan for special education
- Provide parent education
- Support activities on behalf of children with special needs
- Provide an open forum for discussion, committee reports, and guest speakers through CAC meeting
- Kathy Poulson - Camptonville Union Elementary School District
- Brenna Rizan - California Montessori Project Charter Schools
- Roberta Givens - Marysville Joint Unified School District - CAC Chair
- Lisa Tucker - Plumas Lake Elementary School District
- Jennifer McCook - Yuba County Office of Education
- VACANT - Wheatland School District
- VACANT - Wheatland Union High School District